Who We Are:
Stylumia is one of its kind actionable intelligence platform using Artificial Intelligence, enabling fashion and lifestyle businesses to make informed decisions. The business impact areas are revenue, profit, working capital and consumer loyalty. We are a B2B SaaS business, powering fashion and lifestyle brands and retailers globally including the Fortune 100. We have won a few prestigious awards including Amazon AI Conclave award 2019 (Retail), Nasscom Emerge 50, YourStory Techsparks TECH30, Circular Change Maker award 2019 to name a few. We are also recognised by the United Nations and Fashion For Good for contributing to sustainability globally in the fashion & lifestyle industry.
About the Team:
The Data Science team is one of Stylumia’s important arms in ensuring we develop cutting edge prediction algorithms defining the future of fashion.
You will get to work with the best of data science minds including advisory from the world’s first 4x Kaggle grandmaster.
The ideal candidate’s favorite words are learning, data, scale, and agility. You will leverage your strong collaboration skills and the ability to extract valuable insights from highly complex data sets to ask the right questions and find the right answers. Your core responsibilities would be the following:
- Analyze raw data: assessing quality, cleansing, structuring for downstream processing
- Design accurate and scalable prediction algorithms
- Collaborate with the engineering team to bring analytical prototypes into our product
- Generate actionable insights for business improvements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- At least 2 – 3 years’ of applied machine learning, optimisation and/or statistics experience
- Deep understanding of predictive modelling, machine-learning, clustering and classification techniques, and algorithms
- Fluency in Python
- Familiarity with Timeseries and Forecasting models & algorithms like FbProphet, Arima, RNN, LSTM, etc…
- You have a deep interest and passion for technology.
- You love writing and owning codes and enjoy working with people who will keep challenging you at every stage.
- Familiarity with Big Data frameworks and visualization tools (Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, Tableau)
- Knowledge or experience of software engineering practices
- Knowledge or experience on time series/product forecasting/recommender systems
- Knowledge of deep learning/neural networks
At Stylumia, we believe in augmenting human intelligence in fashion and lifestyle retail for a better world. With relevant data and the right technology, people and businesses in the fashion and lifestyle retail can solve hard problems and change the world for the better. In 2015-16, when we looked at the available technology and solutions, we saw fashion forecasting and demand planning are either subjective in nature. We saw these methods do not solve the fundamental challenge in fashion trend spotting, trend forecast and the business metrics of full-price sell-through continue to remain around the 50% mark creating over USD 750 billion/annum of wastage globally.
In pursuit of this mission, we are always looking for excellent team members to fulfil the vision of building these incredible and innovative products.